Monday, September 10, 2007

the Bar-Kays

Two music posts in a row?! Has Chris gone soft? People, people: I give you my assurances. I'm as hard as ever. Erm... Artwork/animation coming down the pipes (probably later tonight).

The Bar-Kays. They were signed to Stax Records (home to Isaac Hayes, Otis Redding, Booker T. and the MG's, et. al). This footage is from Wattstax, the baddest concert on the planet. Could've probably done without the vocals. Their later material really sucks, so don't bother. The guitar player really drives the whole piece and it's nice to see a guitar take a rhythm role in this age of facemelting players (not to say I don't like my share of thems, too).

Anyway, this track is so funky you might wanna turn a fan on in the room.

the Bar-Kays - Son of Shaft

No comments: